Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Updates

So, it's been a while since I've posted on here.  After some encouragement from my awesome, beautiful, funny, single sister (you're welcome Rach), I've decided to update all you readers (if there are any left...).

Summer was good.  We took 3 weeks to go visit family in AZ.  On our way down we got to stop in Utah and stay with some friends.  Very generous friends I might add.  I don't know, they might not have been feeling so generous after the 7 of us left, but we had a great time anyway.  Thank you Susan and Gabe! 

Then, after our car broke down we got to stay with my wonderful Aunt Wendy and Uncle Marion in southern Utah.  This was unexpected for them and they so graciously took us in.  Aunt Wendy even let me keep her up most the night while we caught up on each other's lives.  I was very grateful for this car malfunction!

In Arizona, we took turns spending time with all our family members there.  It was SO great to see everyone.  The kids did amazingly well too.  I think that was our first non-catastrophic vacation!  Yay!!!

Also, on the way home, we got to stay at my long time friend Melanie's house for a night.  She opened her house up for us and gave us a much needed break on our long drive home.  We had fun with you and little Owen.  Hopefully next time we'll get to see Josh more too!  Thanks you guys!

Since we've been home, we've started our home-schooling routine again.  Through a family friend, thank you Melanie Threet, I found a lady that specializes in working with kids who have learning disabilities.  I've read most of her stuff and ordered the rest.  It is working miracles with my kids.  It's kind of amazing!  THEY are asking ME to do their school stuff with them.  Thank heaven!

Oh yeah, I'd like to thank my amazing husband for taking over almost ALL of the household chores and responsibilities including, laundry, meals, cleaning, dishes, doing some of the kids school work with them and getting up with Makenzie when she wakes up at night.  He does all this for me without complaint or hesitation all because I've been feeling extremely tired and nauseous!

That explanation point is an excited one by the way!  I've learned that tiredness and nausea mean a good pregnancy.  When I tell Brad that I feel bad for not helping out more or for needing to sleep so much, he just says ,"Stop complaining ~ you're making my baby!"

I'm pregnant!

I'm so excited!  Thank you, Brad, for being here for me.  Thank you for loving me so much.  Thank you for all of your selfless service to me and our family!  My heart is so full of gratitude for you. 

p.s. - Thank you Jill for being such a great mom to my hubby!!!!  Guys like him are rare, but not when they come from mothers like you.

8 comments:

Melissa said...

yes yes yes yes yes yes yes!!!! I am super excited!! I love you guys and wish that i lived closer so I could help!!

Carl and Amber said...

Congrats! It is amazing how much you handle everyday!!

Rachel said...

LOVED LOVED LOVE this post!! Seriously cutest thing ever! When I read it, I was at Annie's and read it to her too and she said she was going to cry. Then Logan said that she must be pregnant too.

Morris Mama said...

I already heard the news from when Brad spilled the beans on Facebook but I wanted to tell you congrats and I'm so excited to see your family grow! Love to you all!

Alys

Log and Annie Pearce said...

Heather! I'm so dain excited for you! mom told me about the wrist bands that are working wonders. thats crazy that that can happen pretty dain dain sweet!! your so amazing I love you SOOOOOOOOOOOOO much tell your baby I love her/him (maybe both) too! YAY for being pregnant!!!

Janae said...

Yay! Congratulations!!! That IS so exciting! You are amazing and I'm glad you had a great trip (even with the car troubles and all).

The Sandry Family said...

Good to see your post I continuously look for new posts to see how the kids are doing. Congratulations on your pregnancy. You and Brad are amazing and I am glad my grandchildren have a parents like you guys. You are a blessing to them as well as our family. Thanks you and Happy Thanksgiving. Valerie

Anonymous said...

My name is Corinne Ward and I was told about your blog by my friend, Kristina, who works with your mother here in AZ. I have an adopted daughter who I'm homeschooling and I'm kinda struggling. Could you tell me about the lady who specializes in working with kids who have learning disabilities? I would be very interested in reading her stuff!!! Thanks! corinneward@juno.com