Thursday, November 18, 2010

Pregnancy, Nausea and the Sea

So, I've been nauseous which make no mistake I AM grateful for.  It helps me to be assured that things are going well.  AND because we have to wait 3 more months until the insurance from Brad's work starts up, which in turn means waiting that long to get in to see a doctor, the nausea is not all that bad. 

Besides, it makes for some entertaining moments for my kids, such as, when Brad's not home and doesn't do the cooking.  It usually goes like this...

I walk into the kitchen with all 5 kids trailing behind me because they're "starving!!!"  (Which is probably true considering that I put these parts of the day off as long as possible.)  I open the fridge or cupboard and invariably something stricks me as 'the most discusting thing I have ever seen.'  I race over to the sink and hack into in.  At this point, it seems that every hole on my face is leaking.  Jazmine usually says, "Mom that's sick!!  Why don't you go to the toilet?"  and one of the other kids, usually while I'm still hacking, asks me, "Sooo,  what are we having?'  I give the the fridge another try, sometimes I stay strong, sometimes not...  When I don't, they have raman noodles.  I know, so healthy!  Like full of hydroginated fats and MSG and all.  And it's been a staple in their diet lately.

UNTIL, I got these


Sea Bands

My friend told me about them and I admit, I was sceptical.  Then I went out and bought some...
I wore them the rest of the day and tried to take them off at night and felt so sick I couldn't sleep.  So I put them back on and slept like a baby!!

Seriously!!  For me, they work amazingly!

Not only that!  I LOOK so totally awesome!  I mean I'm sure people see me and mistake me for some kind of professional athlete.  Really though, they probably up my coolness factor like 20 points or something.

Anyway, I'm totally sold and hooked for as long as this nausea wants to be a part of my life. 

7 comments:

Rachel said...

haha this was such a sad and such a funny post! Your description of your barfing episodes was amazing. I am SO glad you found something to help you!

Evans Fam said...

I am so glad you found these....hope the nausea ends soon! But, I am glad that it means you are having a healthy pregnancy! YAY!!!

Lindsay said...

heather, that's fantastic news! when ya' due?

Grace said...

Iv'e tried this bands during my pregnany too. In fact, it's what helped me get through my morning sickness week. Try pairing it with vitamin b6, it worked really well for me as well.

Log and Annie Pearce said...

Sister!!! Mom told me about these after you just found them. Thats so amazing! I can't wait till I have to use them! :) seriously tho thats dain amazing. I'm so happy your feelings better! your amazing oh I LOVE you!!!

ShopHotPinkDiaries said...

OH MY HECK!!! CONGRATULATIONS on your pregnancy!!!!!!! sooo happy for your beautiful family!!!! xoxoxoxoxo :):):)

Faye said...

Hi there moms! For those of you who are suffering from morning sickness like most of us, here's help. Here's a list of natural morning sickness remedies including b6 morning sickness to get rid of our annoying early morning bathroom rush routine.