Monday, January 4, 2010

Our Christmas Nativity Scene Play

I know it's a little late to be posting about Christmas, but I couldn't pass up posting these pictures from our fantastic Nativity Scene play done with my kids, my mom and my brother and sister, Justin and Lauren.

Acting out the Christmas story has been a tradition in my family since I was little. My Grandma made all of the costumes and we used them every year. I was so excited when my mom told me she had them.

Mary and Joseph went to Bethlehem on a donkey.

Joseph - Kishawn
Mary - Jazmine
Donkey - Justin

The birth of Jesus:
played by Makenzie (pink binky and all)

The beautiful angels announcing His birth:
Lauren, Kiana and Jada

The shepherds were sore afraid!
-Justin and Mom-

Mary and Joseph enjoying and being amazed by their baby.


The kids were SO into this!
It was very sweet to watch how tender they were being with each other.
It's moment's like these that make all the struggles worth it!

The shepherds and wise men arrive to see the baby Jesus.

3 comments:

Melanie W. said...

How sweet! That is a great tradition to continue.

I'm also bummed I didn't know we were in AZ at the same time! SOMEday I'll get to meet Makenzie...

Morris Mama said...

How sweet! Such a peaceful moment. Hope you get more of those!!!

Jessica said...

Looks like fun! So sweet.