Sunday, December 6, 2009

From the mouths of babes...

So,
we just came back from a chorus concert that I had.
It was about an hour drive away and we brought the whole family.

After I got there, I changed my clothes and someone else in the choir put my stage makeup on.



I had a few minutes before we started so I went into the auditorium to feed Kenzie.


When Jada saw me all dressed up and made up, she said,
"Mom, you look handsome!"



Then after the concert was over, Kishawn said,

"Mom, you were the prettiest one up there. Like out of all the girls, you were prettiest."

Which reminded me of a few days ago when we were all in the basement doing "Tae Bo" together. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Kishawn looking at me. Finally, he said kind of quiet like,

"Mom, you look sexy."

5 comments:

Morris Mama said...

Gotta love the funny things kids say. And thanks for sharing your thoughts in your previous posts! I think about you guys often and I hope things are getting better. Good job with the compliments, Kishawn!

Janae said...

Boys right! You are sexy :) That's so sweet. I'm glad you are getting compliments to bring a little balance to the rough times you've been experiencing. Love you sweetie. Be sure to let me know if you make it down for Christmas and we can have a girls day/night out.

Janalie said...

Too Funny!!! I am glad to hear you are out there spreading joy with your amazing voice.

Sarah said...

You sing??? How wonderful!! And so good that you have an outlet to enjoy during what must seem like overwhelming days at times. Love your kids comments. :) Yesterday Micah looked up under my face and said, "Hey Mom, you have a beard!" Hmmm, I wish at least he thought I looked like a sexy mom with my beard. :)

Tara Bowman said...

Hey Heather-
I hope you get this. I would like to get your address so I can send you a Christmas card. Could you email it to me at tntbowman6@hotmail.com. Thanks.
Tara