Monday, July 20, 2009

We ARE still here...

We've been busy since my last post almost 3 months ago...
But that's no excuse. I think the real reason I've slacked on my blogging is because I haven't wanted to stop looking at and holding my baby for a long enough period of time to post anything.
Can you blame me? Look at her!! She's adorable!

In the mean time, Kenzie got her first bath at home...
Laree, my sister, surprised me by showing up at my house the day I got home from the hospital. I couldn't have been happier to see her! She stayed for a week!...
Grandma Porter came to visit! It was so fun to have her here!! And I missed her terribly after she left. Not to mention I ate better than I have in a VERY long time.
I think Grandma's favorite thing while she was here was her daily afternoon naps with Makenzie...

Makenzie went to church for the first time...


We went to Mt. Rushmore twice. Once with Laree and again with Grandma...

We took the kids to the Air Show...

Laree, all her kids, Rachel and Jason all came and were here to see Makenzie get blessed by her Daddy...We had a good time with family (going to Rushmore Cave, Cosmos, and other tourist attractions)...
I admired and enjoyed my baby...

Brad and I took the kids to Storybook Island...
And we went to Arizona for 4 weeks.
Unfortunately, my camera broke so I didn't get any pictures of the Turley family reunion, time spent with friends and family or the Porter family reunion. But we all had a great time. It was nice, however, to leave the 115 degree heat and come home to 69 degrees. Ahhh.

5 comments:

Homan Family said...

It looks like you have had your hand full. Makenzie is very cute.

Lindsay said...

glad to hear back from you. has life been busy? i'm sure it has. you look like you're filling mommyhood with a newborn quite well. so happy for you. i even got a bit teary just looking at the photos of you and your new little girl. love, lindsay

Kayla and Samuel said...

She is so cute, what a little doll! I'm impressed you found time to blog after 3 months.
Good job to Laree and Grandma Porter for lending a hand. It's so nice to have help from family with an infant and so appreciated. Congratulations on your beautiful family!

Melanie W. said...

Wow, you've been BUSY! I bet you were in AZ when we were! We were there the last week of June. How fun to be able to spend so much time with family. Kenzie is so so so sweet. And I think she looks equally like you and Brad. Just perfect!

AJoyfulBabyBowtique said...

hey heather! its joyelle- brandon's wife. your family is beutiful! kenzie is such a doll! soo glad i got to see you at the reunion. hopefully we can stay in touch through blogland! i need your email address then ill send ya an invite since the blogs private... sometimes they go to junk box, so check for it! my email is joyellem@hotmail.com talk to ya soon!