Sunday, May 3, 2009

Our Amazing Little Miracle!!!!!!

She's Here!!!!
Makenzie Ann Porter

At my last doctor visit, my doctor decided to induce me.
We were told to check into the hospital on Monday morning at midnight.
After we got there, they started the induction with a drug called Cytotec.
I had contractions all day Monday that were read by the monitor as being pretty intense, but (as you can see in the picture) they weren't very painful or productive.


After 20 plus hours of those contractions, they started me on pitocin.
By now it was 11:30 at night and I was exhausted from sleeping so little the night before.

I fell asleep for a few hours and woke up at 1:00 a.m. with PAINFUL contractions.
I was determined to have the baby without an epidural so Brad and my mom were both there to help me through the pain.

They were both amazing!! Massaging me and talking me through each contraction.
I wouldn't have been able to do it without them.
Being so exhausted, I often fell asleep between the contractions (even having dreams).
I had hard labor for nearly 5 hours when my water broke.
Soon after that I felt an intense need to push, but my doctor wasn't at the hospital yet so my nurse wouldn't let me.

This went on for a half-hour. As difficult as labor was, fighting my body's instinct to push for that half-hour was by far more painful and mentally draining.

Finally, the doctor came. Being in such a rush to get to the hospital, he got pulled over on the way.


But, it was all worth it!!!

And I'd do it all over again in a heartbeat.

After 7 years of marriage, 8 miscarriages, deep and intense heartache,
we were blessed with a miracle that would impact me more than I have ever imagined.

On Tuesday morning, April 28, 2009 at 6:47 a.m.,
We were blessed with an Angel from Heaven.
A perfect little being.
I am so overwhelmed!!!!

My deep, wrenching pain and heartache has been transformed.
I am now weeping tears of joy.
My joy is so great and my heart is so full!!

The love I feel is so profound.

I never knew these kinds of feelings existed.
She is a gift...sent directly from Heaven.She is our MIRACLE.



This miracle has transformed our family.
An amazing, long awaited, change is taking place in our home.
Our hearts are being softened and healed.

She brings out a gentleness and softness in the kids that I have never seen and I'm sure that they have never felt.
Their broken little hearts seem to be healing with just the mere presence of our little angel.

Their desire to create chaos, because chaos is all they've ever known, has lessened dramatically!

Brad and I have even felt a massive change taking place in our own hearts.
We are slower to anger and quicker to love.
Our voices are calmer.
The turmoil and stress we have been feeling lately (from our seeming failed efforts to help and teach our children) is GONE.

Finally, I can see peace in their eyes...
love in their faces and actions...true and deeply felt joy...healing and gentleness...

All wrapped up in one tiny little package...
a package of pure heaven...
a tiny bundle of love...
is the answer to
SO MANY tearful prayers sent up to heaven.

She is our miracle in more ways than can be counted!!

So,
Heaven,
if you're listening,


and I know you are

Thank you!!!
For sending one of your finest angels to grace the walls of our home and hearts.
She is healing our pain like only an angel can.

She is a miracle

A miracle we call Makenzie Ann Porter.

21 comments:

Tanner and Shasta said...

Oh my gosh! She is absolutely beautiful! I'm in tears reading your post. I couldn't be happier for you! She is precious. Congratulations!

Beth Ann said...

heather, she is GORGEOUS! This is such a tender, sweet post, and I feel your joy oozing out of it! I am in love with the flower that is bigger than her head. She has the sweetest expression in this last picture! So Incredibly Happy for you & your family!

Carl and Amber said...

Great job on no epidural--especially with being induced! I wouldn't have had that strength! Congrats!

Maranda Whittle said...

She is so precious! Congratulations to your family, what a sweetheart.

Sarah said...

She's beautiful you two! Congrats! Oh and thanks for writing another post that made me cry... =]

Robert & Bridget said...

She is so beautiful Heather! We are so excited for your family!

heather said...

Beautiful girl, beautiful post, beautiful family! Congratulations.

Morris Mama said...

A miracle for sure! You have such a special family! I can't wait to meet her!

Hadley's said...

Heather, you have the most beautiful way with words!! I am so extremely happy for you and Brad. This little angel has been long awaited and well deserved!! I am so in awe of your amazing example. Thank you and CONGRATULATIONS!! She is BEAUTIFUL!!

Gloria said...

I am so happy for you; I can't stop crying happy tears. Congratulations! You deserve this.:)

Lindsay said...

Congratulations Brad, Heather and family!!!! She absolutely perfect!! Heather, the raw emotion on your face as you hold your baby for the first time made me tear up. What a trooper - no meds!! Enjoy your sweet new blessing! Miracles do happen!

Tara Bowman said...

HEATHER CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I can't tell you just how happy I am for you. I know you have been waiting for this moment for soooooo long. She is so beautiful and just perfect. Heather you are such a wonderful person and I have looked up to you for years. You deserve this more then anyone. I love you and good luck with you and your amazing family and that sweet baby girl!

Melanie W. said...

I can't tell you enough how happy I am for you!!! I am so happy you got to experience pregnancy, childbirth (and without pain meds! what a trooper), looking into your brand new baby's eyes. She really is a miracle. She is so beautiful too! I love her light colored hair. I hope she is being an easy baby for you. Congrats again!

Christi said...

Heather she is adorable!! I am definitely so happy for you! And so proud that you did it without an epidural! Congratulations, she is gorgeous!

Julie said...

Congratulations on your long awaited blessing from heaven! She is a beautiful little girl. Once again your beautiful words have moved me to tears! Congratulations on going without an epidural. That pitocin is hard core stuff! You are a viking! Hope to meet Makenzie soon!

Grandma said...

Brad and Heather,
I am so grateful and so humbled to be your aunt. I have read your whole blog and I can't express the deep gratitude I have to be related to you!!!!!!!! WHAT AN AMAZING FAMILY!!! You all truly deserve that beautiful little miracle, McKenzie. She is also so blessed to be able to come to your family. You two are the most amazing parents!! I can't even imagine the blessings that are awaiting you both in heaven. Your children are amazing. I am so in awe of them and their huge spirits. I must have done something right in heaven to give me the priviledge to be their aunt!
I LOVE YOU ALL!!!!!!!!
LOVE, aUNT wENDY

Janalie said...

I am so so proud of you. DRUG FREE!!!! WOW! Motherhood looks so good on you. I wish you all the very best! .

Emily Ruth said...

Heather,
I haven't looked at your blog in forever...Congrats on everything! You deserve every drop of happiness. Much love to you and your family: )
P.S. My mom & Reed served their mission in SD. They love it there and still talk about it. Hope you are enjoying that gorgeous weather!

Laurie said...

Heather, I hope you don't mind if I read your blog. (I'm the Laurie from junior high, by the way...) I clicked on your blog from someone else's, and reading this post brought tears to my eyes!! I have a feeling that as I read about your journey as a mom, I'll learn how to be a better mom. It's SO evident that you love your kids SO much! Thanks for sharing...

Lizzy said...

She is Beautiful but I would like to see some more current photos :) I'm sure she has already changed so much. They grow too fast, enjoy every second!
I have a question for you so I need your email/phone #. send it to: bloomin9@juno.com.
Thanks!

Carl and Amber said...

Hey! We are going private and I don't have your email. Email me at carlandamber@hotmail.com so that I can add you!