Tuesday, April 14, 2009

We're still here...

I've been pretty bad at updating the blog lately.
Here are a few things we've done this past month...

Our ward held a Box Car Derby for all the primary kids. I guess they do it annually. The kids all made their own box cars (with Brad's help), then decorated them. They really had a lot of fun racing their cars around the gym, then sitting in them at the 'drive in' while watching a movie and eating popcorn and cotton candy.





Kiana got an award at school!
The school has a program they do called 'Character Counts'. Obviously, it's to teach the kids to have good character. At a school wide assembly they recognized one student from each class for having good character and Kiana was chosen to receive the award for her second grade class!

Kiana is on the far left.
Her teacher wrote a sweet tribute to her that was read as she got her award...

"Before January, we thought we had a great class and then Kiana came. She always comes to class with a smile on her face and can have us all laughing at anytime. Kiana has shown us how to face adversity. Against all odds she has learned to kick a football. Everyday little miracles happen because of Kiana."


Also, we have been preparing for the arrival of the newest member of our family!
This is me at almost 38weeks!
I've started contracting and dialating (a little), so hopefully she makes her enterance into this world soon! We are all so anxious to hold and to love her.

10 comments:

Morris Mama said...

Dude, you look like you are about 6 months along, you sassy little thing! We are sooooo excited for you! We can't wait!

Maranda Whittle said...

Congrats to your daughter! And you look great, wow!

Carl and Amber said...

You look awesome!

Sarah said...

you look great!Labor isn't bad (with an epidural =p) so good luck!

Melanie W. said...

ooh, I can't wait to see Kenzie and hear about how everything goes!! (as an L&D nurse I love hearing the stories!) You look awesome!

Yay for Kiana getting the award at school! And what sweet things they said about her.

And those cars are awesome. looks like lots of fun at the box car derby!

Gloria said...

You look beautiful! I can't wait to see baby pictures. Please don't make us wait long :)

Julie said...

You don't look like your 38 weeks! I'm proud of you! Best of luck with the delivery! Can't wait to hear about it.

Lindsay said...

unbelievable, heather. you look awesome. you don't even look like you're having a baby in two weeks. love you, so excited for you to be a momma yet again.! lindsay

Rae Rae said...

You are the cutest pregnant girl ever! Gosh I wish I could get to see you so cute and pregnant! I guess a picture will have to suffice, but seriously you look AMAZING!!! I CANNOT wait till June to come up and see you all, I miss you like crazy and I am SOOOOOOO excited for Makenzie to come into this world. And if she could wait like 2 more weeks at least that would be great so I get to see at earliest stages. Thanks I'm sure it won't be a problem! haha :) I love you and give your kids all kisses for me!

Homan Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.