Saturday, January 24, 2009

Baby Update - 26 weeks

I've had a few requests for pictures of my baby bump.
This is me at 26 weeks - next week I'll be at 6 months!
I can't believe I only have 3 months left, it seems to be going so fast.

After the first trimester passed, my doctor in Arizona didn't seem to be all that concerned with the baby's safety. He treated me like a regular patient other than having to take the extra supplements to offset the gene I carry that causes my blood to clot, which in turn causes the blood supply to the baby to stop.

The doctors here though, kind of freaked out when they saw my history.
It kind of took me by surprise when they told me they wanted me to see a perinatologist (doctor for high risks pregnancies), have frequent doctor visits, and use all the high tech medical machinery.
After thinking about it, I guess I can see their concern.
9 pregnancies and no live births does look kind of bad, doesn't it.

I feel pretty confident that 9th time is the charm for me though.
I strongly feel that I was supposed to adopt the 4 I have before this one was supposed to to come to our family.

Now I've had tons more lab/blood work done,
and a really cool ultra-sound.
They checked for EVERYTHING!


  • cleft lip
  • Spina Bifida and other neural tube defects
  • Down Syndrome
  • heart function
  • blood flow to and from the heart
  • stomach and bladder function
  • amniotic fluid
  • diaphragm and breathing
  • brain growth
  • growth of all her limbs
  • placenta and chord placement
  • veins and arteries in the umbilical cord
  • they even checked her toes and how many joints her fingers had!
I'm happy to say that EVERYTHING checked out perfectly!

Oh, and she is for sure a girl.

She weighed in at one ounce under 2 pounds.
Here's our little miracle's profile.

16 comments:

Lindsay said...

You look great, Heather!! Before you know it that baby will be here! I'm glad everything is continuing to go well with this pregnancy. You are truly blessed!

Karol Turley said...

Yay!! Yay!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!
Gramma Mia is happy, happy, HAPPY!!!
It was so great to be there for that ultrasound. What a joy and what a cutie!! Can't wait 'till she's here!!
OK, I'll calm down now. !!!!NOT!!!!

Gloria said...

You look GREAT! I can't believe how tiny your tummy is! Lucky girl, you don't even look like you have gained any weight. I am so happy for you and so glad to hear that everything is going well with the pregnancy.

Sands...Like Sands on the Beach said...

I'm so glad everything checked out! Those appts can be heart-wrenching! Her profile is already showing her model potential!

Carl and Amber said...

You absolutely terrific!! This was my favorite part of pregnancy.

Lindsay said...

wow! you look awesome. don't even look pregnant. i think i looked like taht at 3 months!! and what a relief for you to know everything is right where it should be. excited for you and your kiddos. lots of love, lindsay
and you look ecstatic; glad you can be close to your mom.

chris+amber said...

Oh look at you! You look fabulous and TINY! Your new house looks very cute. I'm glad the move went well. I'm gonna miss seeing you at the gym, though! Thank heavens for blogs! :o)

Julie said...

I'm sorry, I thought you said there was a bump in this picture but I fail to see one... You look FANTASTIC! That baby looks beautiful and perfect. It's good to hear that everything is going so well. Heather, you are a trooper and you have such a sweet spirit and enormous faith. I admire you! You are hands down the best mom for those kids. The Lord sure knows what He's doing, huh?!

Laree said...

Oh my heck! I can't believe you STILL don't look pregnant! Kenzie has a beautiful profile - I just want to look at more pictures of her. I can't wait to meet this little miracle.

Savannah said...

You look wonderful!!! By the time I was that far along, I was waddling like a duck and having people asking me "are you due any day now???" They couldn't believe it when I said I still had 2-3 months left. Congratulations Heather!

Hadley's said...

Heather I am sooooooo happy for you!! You deserve this precious little angel!! You also look very darling!!!

heather said...

Thanks for this update, I've been wondering how you've been doing with the pregnancy, but not wanting to ask about it -you know??

Glad to know that everything is working out well. :)

Josh & Melanie said...

You sure have been busy the past few months! HOpe you guys are feeling settled now! Very cute baby bump. And I do agree with everyone else...there's not much of a bump there! But just wait. :)

So happy things are going so well with the pregnancy. It's good your new dr. is being very cautious....it's probably better that way! I had to go to a high risk dr. simply for a little chronic anemia. But I liked getting a little more attention and a few more tests in case there was anything wrong.

Hey, my sister Amy was at Mt. Rushmore and Rapid city for New Year's and she was thinking about you guys since she knew you were moving there. Don't know if you were there yet, but would have been funny if you had run into each other! Amy said she really liked it there.

Josh & Melanie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kilie Rainey said...

your so lucky! your not even big! hahaha... only three months lefT? you better get to cookin!! love you:) congrats!!

Jessica said...

Heather, I just found your blog and I'm so glad I did. I didn't know you were expecting. Congrats!!!! This is so exciting for you and your family. I want to keep checking on the updates. You look cute prego:-)