Thursday, November 6, 2008

October 31 - A Great Day!!

Number 1 Reason I loved this day...


We got to celebrate the 3rd anniversary of this adorable girl's birth!!
Jada is a book lover!!
Every time I asked her what she wanted, her reply was a book.
So a book she got...
This present was a little for me too.After picking her up from child-care at the gym and finding her with 6 baby dolls in her arms...
After seeing her carry around various household items
(couch pillows, dust pans, cups, dog bones...) caring for them like babies...
And after being handed a "crying" water bottle to soothe, taking the bottle in my hand and holding it by my side, only to be told by a disgruntled 2 year old,
"(gasp) Mom, hold the baby!!"
I figured it might be time to buy her a baby doll.
Complete with stroller...and baby carrier.She wakes up every morning and changes Abby's (named by Jada herself) diaper, then walks her up and down the street for as long as we'll let her. The other day she came in holding our camera, giggling, telling me that she took pictures of her baby. There were probably 15 pictures just like this one.

Number 2 Reason I loved this day...


I once again felt an overwhelming gratitude for this WONDERFUL man!
He is constantly finding ways to serve and does it all without complaint.
Just before he was doing the laundry, he cleaned up the barf left all over the couch by Jazz.
I couldn't ask for more from him and am filled with excitement at the thought of spending eternity with such an amazing person!

Number 3 Reason I loved this day...


I got to celebrate Halloween with these 4 awesome kids!
(Hannah Montana - although I think she might look more like a street-walker, Minnie Mouse, Captain Kishawn, and my little monkey - with Abby of course)
and my favorite dirt biker ever.What a GREAT day!!!

6 comments:

Josh & Melanie said...

what a great and memorable Halloween! Jada is so cute with her doll and the way she takes care of it. How are you feeling these days, any less sick??

Sarah said...

she is seriously adorable! They all are! Glad you had such a great day!

Anonymous said...

That Jada takes the cake! I love that little 3 yr old! Can't wait to see you all next week!!!!!!!!! Mom

heather said...

Isn't it crazy how that mother instinct is so strong from the earliest age?? She is so cute, and I'm glad she has a baby now. I love how she took the pictures too. And that is one GOOD man for cleaning up the puke!

Nina Olson said...

hey heather, we changed our blog address back to ninaandadam.blogspot.com so make sure to update it.

Gloria said...

I love the new pictures. Your kids are so cute. I am very jealous that you get to buy baby dolls. So much fun. What a good husband you have for cleaning up a yucky mess like that.