Thursday, October 9, 2008

Baby Update

Brad and I went to the OB doctor again this morning. Although, everything seems to be going well and I am definitely still having pregnancy symptoms, we still get nervous before doctor visits. There has been so many times that we've gotten bad news and seen lifeless babies on the ultrasound monitor. But, our nerves were once again turned to joy in this pregnancy as we saw the baby's heart beating again!

I promised my mom I'd post the pictures of the ultrasound, so Mom, here you go. They aren't nearly as clear on here as they were in the office. We were able to make out the head, legs, and arms. I can't believe how much he has grown (I subconsciously say 'he' almost every time I refer to the baby... hmm we'll see). Last time, he was just a little bigger than the yolk sac (the little dot you can see above the baby). Now, only 3 weeks later, he is at least 10 times that big.
What a miracle!!


This time, the white blob above the baby is a hand.
See the caption the doctor wrote on the top?
The kids are so excited about this baby. We experienced the most recent miscarriage with them and they had a hard time understanding it. They pray for the health of this baby and me everyday without any promptings from me or Brad. Kishawn has named the baby Carebear referring to it as that all the time. They all give my stomach kisses several times a day and ask when it's going to get big. Jazmine rubs my stomach all the time telling me that I'm getting bigger, then hold up her hands to show me what size the baby is that day. They are all such sweet kids. I am so proud to call myself their mom.

7 comments:

Karol Turley said...

I see this, and not only my face smiles, my heart smiles... Mia

Gloria said...

I am so happy for you! Congratulations!!!!

rainey14 said...

you are soo blessed. your children are angels:) and congratulations. i am soooo happy for you!! sure do love you guys

Marc, Miranda and Maycie said...

That is so exciting! Congratulations! I feel so sorry for you and the morning sickness...it's the worst! Good luck with it...hopefully it doesn't last to long!

Matt and Brianna said...

Wow! What a roller coaster you guys have been through! Brad, I saw your blog on your facebook page. I am so happy for your little family! I can't believe all that you guys have been through! You have a beautiful family!!! Keep in touch!!

Brianna

Lindsay said...

That's excellent news, Heather! I'm sure you were elated to see that heartbeat! I hope everything continues to go well for you guys!

Lindsay said...

heather, it's lindsay fife-faller. glad to see your family, and very excited for you about your pregnancy! congrats. check out my blog at fallerfive.blogspot.com. first, though send me your email at slfaller2001@yahoo.com so that i can invite you in...it's private. hope to hear from you soon. lindsay! glad to find you!