Saturday, September 13, 2008

My Amazing Husband


I got tagged by my friend Elizabeth. So now I get to tell about my husband!!

1. What's his name?
His full name is Bradley Scott Porter. Most people call him Brad, but I call him Babe. Our 2 year old sometimes calls him Babe too.

2. Who eats more?
He can out eat me anytime.

3. Who said, 'I love you' first?
I couldn't remember so I asked him. He said, "Wouldn't have been you, it had to have been me." Ha ha. Don't know why he'd say that. He claims that I played hard to get.

4. Who is taller?
Brad by 3 inches.

5. Who is smarter?
Again I asked Brad, he said, "Uh duh, you. Remember your IQ is like 150, you're like part genius, and mine is like normal." He's referring to those silly online IQ tests. We like to challenge each other with them. I doubt they're accurate.

6. Who is more sensitive?
Brad is extremely sensitive to me and my needs. I haven't meet any guy more sensitive than him.

7. Who does the laundry?
Usually I do, but now that I'm pregnant and sick, he's been doing it.

8. Who sleeps on the right side of the bed?
It's Brad's side but I've taken over lately. The right side of the bed is closer to our bathroom with quicker access when I'm not feeling well.

9. Who pays the bill?
We split them.

10. Who cooks more?
Definitely Brad. He takes after his mom who is an amazing cook.

11. What meals do you cook together?
Does Papa Johns count?

12. Who is more stubborn?
I asked Brad. He said, "We're not. We're great at compromising." I hope that's true. =)

13. Who's the first to admit they're wrong?
Probably me, I hate conflict, but then come to think of it so does he. We might be even on this.

14. Who has more siblings?
Brad wins by 1. He has 9 siblings and I have 8.

15. Who wears the pants in the relationship?
When it comes to us, we probably share them, but when comes to the kids, he does.

16. What do you like to do together?
Brad's first response was, "cuddle". Isn't he cute?!!
Also, we LOVE to travel, work on the house, go on dates...

17. Who eats more sweets?
Brad, for sure. He has a sweet tooth like I've never seen. I get nauseous when I eat too much sugar.

18. Guilty Pleasures?
He likes to eat ice cream out of the carton just before he goes to bed.

19. How did you meet?
Funny story. Before he went on a mission, he worked as a dive coach at a city pool where he met my older sister, Laree, who also worked there as a life guard. They dated for a while and our families became friends. Or more specifically, our moms became friends. He left for his mission, Laree got married and the moms started to plot. When he got back they were able to convince him to ask me out, but I had no interest in dating my sister's ex-boyfriend. Our moms were persistent and convinced him (he's a BIG mama's boy, which I love) to ask me out another 3 times. All of which, I politely turned down. Eventually, I said yes and I haven't looked back since. He's told me since that if I'd have said no again, he was never going to ask again. Aren't I glad that I said yes. That was probably the best thing I've ever done.

20. Who asked who out first?
See answer to number 19

21. Who kissed who first?
We were in front of my house at night. He was leaving to go home and I walked him to his truck. He kissed me good bye, then kept giving me little pecks on the lips saying that he felt like a bird pecking but he couldn't stop. I think that was when he stole my heart.

22. Who proposed?
Brad

23. His best features?
I love his eyes. They are so sweet looking and reflect the sweet person that he is.

24. What's his best quality?
Just one? I can't narrow it down to one. He is an amazingly sensitive and supportive husband. He lets me be and do what I want to and supports me in everything. He also makes an awesome dad. I am continually amazed at how attentive he is to our kids. He leads our family each night in family scriptures and prayer. He's such a great man.

25. Tag?
I tag Melanie and Lindsay.

5 comments:

jack+alli said...

you're pregnant?! congratulations!!!!

Karol Turley said...

I am more than happy to take credit for "encouraging" you to date that boy! Never, ever forget that mommy knew best! ; ) Mum

heather said...

I love it!

And your pregnant!?

Fawn said...

Woohoo!!!!! Congrats on being prego!! That is wonderful!
And I loved your post by the way, it was a very fun read! See ya later!

Julie said...

I hadn't heard that you are expecting. Congratulations! You said a lot of sweet things about your honey.