Friday, June 20, 2008

Arizona Grand Resort


Last weekend Brad and I were sitting at home trying to think of something we could all do together. Nothing was coming to mind...

Then Brad suggested we go stay at a resort for the night. So, 4 hours later, after Jada woke up from her nap, we were in the car on our way to

Arizona Grand Resort

We are very spontaneous people. I'm not really sure if our spontaneity is something to be sought after though, because we are very lacking in the planning area.

I've heard of people that plan their vacations months, even years in advance and am in awe. Once I know about a vacation, I become like a kid with my excitement. Waiting is almost impossible and time seems to slow down making the vacation seem decades away.

Brad read somewhere that the resort's pool is listed by the Travel Channel in the the top ten Resort water parks.

We spent the entire afternoon in the sun that first day.

Then after it got dark, they showed a movie in the wave pool. We all sat in our inter-tubes while the movie played.

The next day, we had breakfast at one of the resorts restaurants then went back to the pool for nearly the entire day.


This view shows part of the lazy river. It also shows the crazy steep angle of one of their slides.
I am a thrill seeker. I love amusement parks, roller coasters, sky diving, anything that makes my stomach turn in fear. So these slides were a lot of fun for me, aside from the massive wedgie at the end. Unfortunately, we mis-placed the camera just after we got their so I wasn't able to get many pictures of us. After we left, we contacted the resort and they found it, thank goodness. Just a bummer we didn't have it while we were there.

4 comments:

Morris Mama said...

Too bad about no pics! Looks like you will have to go back and do it all over again!

Josh & Melanie said...

I love your spontaneity! And I'm sure your kids do too! That looks like such a fun resort to stay at.

Julie said...

You are such fun parents! It sounds like you all get to do a lot of super fun things together. I have never heard of that resort, I think we'll have to go sometime.

Karol Turley said...

Header, you are funny and fun! I think I raised you real good! (See me take some credit?) ha! Love, Mom