Thursday, April 10, 2008

California Trip


About mid-way through Spring Break, Brad and I talked about wanting to go somewhere with the kids. So the next day we loaded up the SUV and headed to Southern California to go to Sea World. We had a lot of fun!



THE SHAMU SHOW

Kishawn and Jasmine waiting for the Shamu Show to start



THE CLYDE AND SEYMOUR SHOW
The kids loved this one!!


I still can hardly believe that all these beautiful kids are mine!



The Dolphin Show
When we got their, the stadium was already full except for a few seats on the very first row, aka - The Splash Zone. The splash in the picture is aimed in the exact location we were sitting.
Dolphin show, Sea World - Splash time!!

Needless to say we got WET
Notice how wet Jada is and how not wet I am?

I knew it was mean when I used her as my shield, but I just didn't want to get wet.

She looked like she had just been thrown into the water.
Her face when it happened was priceless.

It was one of those what-the-heck-was-that expressions.



The next day we went to the Mission Beach. We went there in the morning 'just to look' with plans to come back later on and get in. The kids already had their swim suits on under their clothes, and the minute Jasmine saw the water, her clothes were off and she was running in. Can you blame them? If I had been wearing my suit I'd have been in with them.

Being March, and a California Beach, the water was FREEZING!!


Jada was in heaven. She had no fear of the water and could have stayed their for days.



After playing for a while, we cleaned up, ate lunch, did some shopping and played some games, then came back for more. Brad bought some boogie boards.
I was in heaven. I think I was made for water especially the beach. I could have stayed forever. Every time we go to the beach we talk about moving near one.
Hopefully someday we'll be able to do that.





We were having so much fun,
we stayed an extra day and went here...






4 comments:

Karol Turley said...

Awesome. Next time, I want to tag along!! Mia~

Lindsay said...

Awwwwhhhhh, this makes me miss Southern California SO much! I can tell everyone had a great time!!

We never did take our kids to Sea World while we lived there and I can't wait to get back there! I know they'd love it too! And going to the beach was one of my kids' favorite activities. They could just run, run, run for HOURS and then they'd zonk out on the way home!

Josh & Melanie said...

I love how spontaneous you guys are!! That looks like such a fun trip. I haven't been to a California beach in a long long time. Makes me want to move there.
And yes, I got your email with your address, thank you!

Maegan_85 said...

How fun! Looks like you guys had a blast! Thats so cool. I love those spontanious trips. The beach looks like fun, make me want to go back there again. Love you! Maeg